Secure Password Generator
Generate secure passwords with alphabets, numbers and special characters or generate long password with phrases.
How Does Secure Password Generator Work?
Secure Password Generator will generate secure and long passwords that can be used when signing up on online services. A secure password generally consists of large number of symbols, numbers along with lowercase and uppercase characters. You can also create a password with longer or shorter length as per your security needs.
The password generator automatically genarates a unique and random password for you. You can generate as many passwords as you want and be rest assured that they are generated randomly and are totally unique for you. We recommend keeping the password length longer than 15 charactacers for added security.
Types of Passwords Generated
Our secure password generator can generate four types of passwords as explained below:
1. Strong Password (Alphanumeric with special characters)
This is the strongest form of password that contains all alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) including special characters (!@#$%^&*()_+~ etc.). An example of strong alphanumeric password with special characters is given below:
2. Alphanumeric Password
Some sites do not allow special characaters in passwords. In such cases, you can choose to generate a strong password with just alphanumeric chracters. An example is given below:
3. Phrase Password
A phrase password consists of multiple English words that keeps the length of the password long to increase security. An example of phrase password looks like the following:
baffling warranty irrigate hostel
4. Phrase Password with special characters
To increase the strength of a phrase password, you can add special characters to it. While this makes it harder to remember, it is still a good practice. An example is as follows:
It is advisable that you have a password manager to store passwords for you and generate secure passwords of bigger length with special characters included in them.
If you want a more memorable yet secure password, you can use memorable password generator
Is it safe to generate a password online?
It is safe to generate passwords using our online password generator as none of the passwords generated on our site is stored or shared with any other user. You must never generate password on a site that asks you for the user id or for the website where you will be using the password.
What should be length of a secure password?
We recommend at least 15 characters to have in a password for better security.
Can I re-use a secure password on multiple sites?
Absolutely not. A secure password doesn't guarantee that. You must have unique passwords on every site. Otherwise if one site gets hacked and leaks your password, all your accounts on other websites will also get compromised.
How to Use Secure Password Generator?
- A secure, strong and unique password will automatically get generated on the page load.
- You can copy the secure password using the 'Copy Password' button.
- Default option is to generate a secure password with alphabets, numbers and special characters of length 15.
- You can change the password type to just alphanumeric, phrases or phrases with special charcaters.
- You can also specify the character length or word length (in case of phrases) for generating password.
- Length of password can be between 3 to 255 characters or words.
- You may want to use a password manager to remember the generated password as you will not be able to retrieve it back from this site.
- We do not store any of the generated passwords and everything is done inside your browser.