Calculate percent value for a number and find unknowns in a percentage formula. Answer questions like % of X, what % is X in Y or X is Y% of what?
How Does Percentage Calculator Work?
With percentage calculator, you can find value that makes the percent portion in a percentage equation. You can also calculate percent when amount and value are known, or find the original amount when value and percent are known.
Answer to questions like % of X, what % is X in Y or X is Y% of what? can be calculated using this tool.
Here are three compoenents required for a percentage formula.
What is the percentage forumula? How to calculate value for a given percentage?
Percentage of an amount can be found using the formula below:
Value = Percent% × Amount
Value = Percent/100 × Amount
How to calculate percent when value and original amount is known?
Percent can be found using the formula below:
Percent = (Amount × 100) / Value
How to calculate amount when value and percent is known?
Amount can be found using the formula below:
Amount = (Value × 100) / Percent
How to convert decimal or fraction into percent?
If you are converting decimal or fraction into percent, then you need to multiply them with 100 to reach at precent %.
Example or converting decimal to percentage:
0.218 × 100 = 21.8%
Example or converting fraction to percentage:
1/5 × 100 = 20%
Additionaly, if you are calculating percent increase over a duration, take a look at CAGR calculator.
How to Use Percentage Calculator?
- First select the statement/problem for which you need to find the unknown.
- These statements provide you with easy explaination about what is being calculated in the percentage formula.
- Just enter the values in the input box of the statement for which you need the calculation.
- Input values accept negative, positive as well as decimal numbers.
- Answer for respective percentage equation will automatically get updated as per the values provided.
- An easy statement, highlighting the answer will also be presented below the answer.
- You will also see calculation steps done for arriving at the answer.
- We do not store any of the values provided by you and everything is done inside your browser.